GFS is proud to have our very own Geoff Raifsnider on the Technical Committee for Finishing Processes for the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). This week on the Booth Blog, Geoff takes a few moments to give some insight on the latest news & upcoming changes from NFPA for spray booth owners & operators!
- NFPA 33 Standard for Spray Application Using Flammable or Combustible Materials is entering the Annual 2013 revision cycle. The next edition will be issued in 2014. NFPA is accepting proposals and the closing date for proposals has not yet been set. Check the NFPA website for proposal closing date and proposal forms. GFS can assist with proposal submittals from our distributors and customers.
- GFS recently submitted proposals for the next edition of NFPA 70 National Electrical Code addressing differences between NFPA 33 and Article 516 of NFPA 70.
- NFPA has revised the standards development process. You can read more about it here: NFPA Changes to Standards Development Process
- NFPA issues new standard to prevent fires and explosions during gas pipe purging.
- GFS will continue to serve on the Technical Committee for Finishing Processes (NFPA 33 and NFPA 34) and on the Class A Oven Task Group for the Technical Committee on Ovens and Furnaces (NFPA 86 Standard for Ovens and Furnaces).
If you have any questions about NFPA 33 as it relates to your finishing operation, please don’t hesitate to contact GFS. We’d be happy to answer any of your questions or concerns!